Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Never Give Up

Good things take time, great things take even longer.

Bear has never been the easiest horse, in fact I would say he's been one of the bigger equine challenges I've ever faced. Not because he was bad, but unlike all the other wild horses he didn't adjust as easily to domestic life. He found everything to be a far more terrifying experience than the rest. It's taken just over a year to get to this point, and there's been up and downs along the way.

But today I have a horse I would trust anywhere. I took him for a ride with a friend and not only was it a long float trip, but we negotiated our way through crashing waves, over rocks, mountainous sand dunes and wide open spaces. 

I have a horse I can trust to take me anywhere, good on his feet I felt safer riding this horse on some of the steepest terrain ever, than I have riding any other horse.

There has been times I thought I'd never get anywhere, I thought I should give up and wondered if I was doing the right thing by this horse, would he ever be happy in this life?

Today I think I have a happy horse, and got to enjoy some of the best riding this country has to offer. Never give up, it's worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment