Monday, June 27, 2011

Somthing a bit differant to celebrate
















I have some other news and something to celebrate, this is slightly veering from the theme of this blog but still equestrian related so i thought id post it anyway. I have been meaning to post this the last few days, but then Fern went AWOL and got colic, and before that i was a bit rushed off my feet. So now is as good a time as any. That horse you see in the pictures above, is the other man in my life, besides the boyfriend and the wild stallion. He is the reason, i never have time to work the other horses, spend all my weekends at horse shows, and travel for hundreds of miles to these shows and then put up with days of sleeping in freezing conditions in the back of a horse float.




This is my eventing horse Jet, and i love him dearly (not that i don't love any of them), he is my version of a Ferrari, or sports car, i have had him since he was a three year old gangly, shaggy, hairy and massive (17hh) young thing, that looked like nothing special at all to look at. Now as a six year old he coming into his own, with a string of successful results behind us from this season.




Anyway, last Friday night was the end of season eventing rider of the year awards. I have been nominated the last three years, first as a young rider, but never been able to scoop the title. This year i finally won, i got Amateur Rider if the year. I didn't win overall rider if the year, but I'm still pleased as anything, i must be doing some thing right, and makes all the slogging through winter mud, living with a generator instead of normal electricity, and long hours on the farm alone trying to train horses in less than ideal conditions...




More than anything I'm proud of my horse, he is awesome, and the biggest adrenalin rush in the world is to ride at a gallop that horse around a course of cross country jumps. He is a rare creature in that hes bold & brave, but quick and light on his feet for a big horse, he also loves his job, never once do you feel your having to force him to do it. Go Jet, my big bay horse. maybe one day one of the wild horses can join him out eventing...

No comments:

Post a Comment