Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the wildest ride yet

I have had the most amzing day! I am still high on adrenaline from the wildest ride yet.

To excited its write up the whole story, il put up the pictures for now.

The start of the ride....
Sand dunes
Me holding the mare and riding the stallion with the beach stretching out behind us...

The veiw from the back of the wild stallion...

My best mate, who has accompanied me on many a crazy adventure, and I, spent the whole day riding the wild stallion, and a pony mare of mine, bareback across the beach, and rough country, two hours drive north of me.


For those of you who havnt experianced the sheer exhilaration of galloping a horse along a beach, and felt the power and freedom of it. I can not even begin to describe the thrill, but it is amazing, and reminds me of all the reason i work with horses.
Stopping for our lunch break....
We galloped along beaches, climbed up sand dunes, went through forests and scrub country, limbo'd under branches, weaved between trees, and slithered down banks of pine needles so steep you were leaning right back against the horses rump for balance...All this on a stallion that has been had only a handful of rides in his entire life, and 6 months ago was runing wild across the moutain sides. All of this we managed bareback in only a halter,with the other horse being a mare (in season) and never once did i feel worried or his attention drift from the job at hand. he kept me safe and sound, was perfectly behaved, and both riders and horses alike had a faboulous day!!










3 comments: