Monday, February 7, 2011

Should i stay or should i go???

I have been told that my last few posts i wrote, are more like essays, than blogs, and a bit long to be easy to read. So ill try and keep them a bit shorter from now on....



So here's a question.... The Kaimanawa Wild Horse Welfare trust is having there annual show. It's at then end of this month, so i have only a few days left to do entries. Its the same weekend as i had scheduled another show for my eventing horse to go to.

Which one do o choose??



I really would love to attend the, wild horse show, because


  1. I think the KWHWT do a really great job placing horses in good homes and set up a good support network for those who take on the horses from the wild, and i would like to support them

  2. Would be great to get my wild stallion out and about, i love showing off my horses. But also to see other Kaimanawas and get to know a bit more about the breed.

  3. Its closer than the other show, cheaper to enter, and would be for me, more of a fun event, about participating rather, than serious competition that my career depends on...

But the other show, would give me a chance to gain a qualifying score, for the national three day event, although i could possibly do another show later in the season to qualify. I'm also quite a competitive person, although i love my stallion, not sure hes wining material, and hasn't been ridden long enough to realistically have a chance for the ridden classes. Also traveling, is slightly more challenging with a stallion, if they don't have suitable yards at the show i would have to find somewhere to stay...as being so far away i would definitely have to travel down the day before.....But overall these are all solvable problems



i just cant make up my mind.....


Also how are u meant to show them, ie, in their natural state, with long manes and feathers on their feet. Or are they meant to look like a show horse plaited and trimmed?


I have put Matai on a show horse diet and have been giving him extra grooming each day so he'l be in tip top condition, just in case....

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Chloe. My vote is (naturally) gonna be that you 'go Kaimanawa'! As for how you show them; no plaiting, just eu naturale but you can trim & won't be marked down for it. They're shown much the same way as other 'native' breeds from around the world eg; Welsh, Exmoors, Arabs, etc. It would be GREAT to see you at the show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know enough to give advice on the show.

    Keep your blog posts as long or as short as YOU want them to be - it's a matter of personal style and what you want to write about. And it's YOUR blog, not someone else's. I've read your posts and didn't find them too long at all - interesting and well-written (but then I'm well-known for doing long posts, sometimes really long ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate ans Simone!!

    Yes im definately thinking at present that i will take the wild boy to the show!!

    good to know about showing them in natural state...huge sigh of relief i wont have to trim that almighty mane of his

    Kate good point it is my blog, il keep on doing what im doing, and stuff the people who are to lazy to read!

    thanks for stopping by

    chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry someone made you wonder how to write..YOUR own Blog!!
    Do what ever you wish..I find that if I can't stay focused to read someones post...my focus is difficult, I don't read it..not the end of the world.

    Oh...your lovely Stallion is doing so nicely...ummm...hard to choose huh!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say, but best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete